The Field Guide to the Succulent Euphorbias of Southern Africa by Alma Möller and Rolf Becker is a pioneer publication on euphorbias in southern Africa. It is a beautifully illustrated, full colour identification guide that makes it easy for the layperson as well as anybody interested in the flora of southern Africa to identify a particular species.
The guide contains:
- Introductory chapters containing general information about the species characters, how to identify an euphorbia, growing euphorbias in cultivation, gardening with euphorbias, medicinal and other uses, herbaceous species and invaders.
- Detailed descriptions of 224 species, including emphasis on distinguishing features, habitat, distribution maps, conservation status, scientific and known common names, as well as notes on similar species.
- Similar looking species are grouped together in 18 species groups, based on easily recognisable morphological characters. Group 19 contains previously undescribed species, and Group 20 contains species of uncertain status.
- More than 870 full-colour photographs and illustrations.
- Taxonomic classification.
- Glossary and index to scientific and common names.