Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips. Featuring 52 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can cruise the cliffs along California’s Big Sur coast or roll alongside Appalachian hills, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet’s USA’s Best Trips:
• Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout.
• Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests.
• Get around easily - 120 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions.
• Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip.
Coverage includes: New York & the Mid-Atlantic, New England, Florida & the South, Great Lakes, Great Plains, Rocky Mountains, the Southwest, California, Pacific Northwest and more